Please help with boat and trailer question

From the 192SS Bow Rider up to the 232SS & LS Bow Rider...this is the forum for all of you Inteceptor owners and enthusiasts.

Please help with boat and trailer question

Postby jkwcfd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:08 am

Ok I need your guys help please. I am very interested in twisters boat posted in the classified section here in the forums, Here is my dilemma. My garage has 26'3" of room for the boat without hitting garage door operation and fitting in the garage is a deal breaker for me. HP has advised me the trailer that holds twister's boat looks to small for that boat. So here are my questions: How much would a trailer cost that would have a collapsible tongue? Even with that type of tongue would the boat fit? I know you guys with 232's are very up on your boats and maybe you can measure your boats to see if it would be feasible. Last question, would the trailer I have for my 212 fit the 232? It is the original trailer that came with the boat. Thanks all!! PS thanks HP for your help so far and if anyone needs to send me a PM because they would like to talk to me by phone or something all help is greatly appreciated. :D
John

2007 232 Interceptor
5.7 Merc MAG MPI
2004 Dodge ram 4x4
POPO/MEDIC/ CHAPLAIN
jkwcfd

Interests: 0

Re: Please help with boat and trailer question

Postby Larry R » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 pm

My 232 is sitting on a 212 trailer - wrong from the dealer or factory - not sure which - at one time (after purchase) I asked about it and was told the trailers are the same. However, I know the wench stand is not at the correct height. After I put it back in the garage from hauling, I release all the tension on the wench and the boat lifts up a good 5 - 6 inches.

I called the EZ Loader factory and inquired and was told each trailer is specific to length of boat - I.E.: 212 on a 212 trailer, 232 on a 232 trailer - so I don't know where the truth is but I've been hauling my 232 on a 212 (Travis Edition) trailer made by EZ Loader since I bought it new!

So I think it would fit but keep an eye on the winch stand height.

Larry
2003 232 "Interceptor" Bow Rider - 5.7 320hp
Larry R

Postby jkwcfd » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:53 pm

I was hoping to hear from all you 232 owners about this topic. If I need to buy a new trailer, where do I get one, how do I order etc,? Please post guys I know there are a lot of experts in our forums and I really value your opinions. Thanks!!
John

2007 232 Interceptor
5.7 Merc MAG MPI
2004 Dodge ram 4x4
POPO/MEDIC/ CHAPLAIN
jkwcfd

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 pm

I have a tandem axle TENNESSEE trailer. They're still around, google them and get the number, :)

HP
HOT PURSUIT

Postby foyboy062 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:20 pm

My first interceptor was an 01 232 on a Tennessee trailer with the removable tongue. The trailer was no longer than the boat when the tongue was removed. this type of trailer might just be the answer to your problem.
foyboy062

Return to Interceptor Performance Boats