Yet another 2nd battery install

From the 192SS Bow Rider up to the 232SS & LS Bow Rider...this is the forum for all of you Inteceptor owners and enthusiasts.

Re: Yet another 2nd battery install

Postby dsm1212 » Sun May 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Screws had lock nuts on the back. %^$#$ to get a hold of them but I did. Old horn had some water in it. Found an identical replacement on amazon and it popped right in and worked. All me talking here, but if anyone needs to discuss an add-a-battery install, horn replacement, or extraction of the stereo feel free to PM me. I don't come here that often.

thanks
steve
dsm1212

Interests: 0

Re: Yet another 2nd battery install

Postby BlwByU » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Been a long while since I posted, sorry 'bout that too busy.. But I just finished a dual batt install on our 232. I purchased a battery switch box holder from SSI ($25) Euro style to give the appearance of a factory install. Also the bevel of box (actually round 5 3/4 hole saw cut) makes it easier to access from the walk thru transom hatch. The hole was cut through the wall fiber glass liner. The location is close to the batts and plenty of room between the liner and side hull at the location I chose. The pics I uploaded to photobucket should help show the process and clean look. I had purchased an outdoor trim board made of composite from Lowe's. This was cut and added to the existing Caravelle battery tray holder. This add was like a backwards L. Here, I relocated my grounding block, fuse block and hot block. This allowed for a dual battery tray to fit excellent on the existing Caravelle battery tray holder. Caravelle used 2 gauge wiring both pos and ground. Purchased one 2' ground wire, 1 2' pos and 1 3' pos all 2 gauge for the additional wiring. Plus boot covers for all terminiations. Also, I like using electrical clean & lube spray from Radio Shack. Works good too on the terminals under the helm. I hope these pics are showing up:
ImageImage
BlwByU

Interests: 0

Previous

Return to Interceptor Performance Boats