Pump it up..

From the 192SS Bow Rider up to the 232SS & LS Bow Rider...this is the forum for all of you Inteceptor owners and enthusiasts.

Pump it up..

Postby Scoots » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 pm

Sites pretty dead but it doesnt mean its out! Gonna start a thread for the hell of it..
So this winter I have 2, possibly 3 projects going. Going to put a slightly warmed up V8 in my Dakota work truck, make everyday life a little more fun. After thast in my 73 Challenger 340 Ive owned since I was 17, in storage for the last 18 years, well its coming home. I dont plan to have that show quality anytime soon so the 3rd project Im tossing around in my mind is as much horsepower I can comfortably get into the 212 without a second mortgage.

Last time out a few weeks ago I had a brand new alum 21p 3 blade on it, smooth water and I saw 57 on the GPS. This boat is unlike any Ive had had and Ive had a few. The faster I went the more stable it felt, the wife cant stand wakes and when I backed off from that run she said she was amazed when a few distant wakes came across. She admitted that she was about to raise hell but couldnt believe how we just skated over the wakes. That said, I would love to see this boat and another 10+ mph top end. Short of the worst water, I really think this hull can handle more power and handle some chop. Thats where I could use any and all suggestions. Ive looked into heads, supercharges, etc. The one thing thats holding me back from pulling the trigger is the Volvo P engine management. Ive done heads, N2O, bigger injectors and a lot of EFI tuning on cars because well, theres parts out there. I search and search but just dont see anyone tuning VP for more power. Is everything so proprietary that you cant? I would really hate to go far from the stock brains but if it cant be tuned for boost, higher compression or anything else it will be major $$ to add any real HP to this thing. Any and all help greatly appreciated!
04 212 Interceptor 5.7 Gi
Scoots

Interests: 0

Re: Pump it up..

Postby AndrewT » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:00 am

I like your attitude Scoots, the forum has been very slow lately,even through your summer there hasn't been too many post which is very disappointing.My 2005 212 with a 270HP VP 5.0L does 55MPH by the GPS,on the river with 2 people on board 1/4 tank of fuel and almost at sea level with a stainless 3B 21 P VP prop. Hot Pursuit's friend had or has a supercharged 5.7VP but carburated not EFI that did about 70MPH,there is a youtube video but they muted the music and sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUhOJYhve7U Get onto Ray Sondelski to repost it somewhere else.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
21P 14.5 3B SS prop and 19P 4B SS for wakeboarding and tubing.
AndrewT

Postby Scoots » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:12 am

Yeah, its sad there isnt more participation on this site. Ive looked at a few other boat specific sites and there very active. I dont know Caravelle's numbers but it seems like there a very small manufacturer, I guess thats why theres so few of us on here.

Ive been hot rodding cars and trucks most of my life and am pretty familiar with boost and carbs. I really wanted to stay with the EFI but it looks like there just isnt any support for the VP brains. I'll probably go better heads (maybe aluminum), 1.7 roller rockers, larger throttle body (If i can find one) and a few steps up in injector flow. May be good for 50-100 HP depending on how much the ECM will richen it up and advance the timing...
Scoots

Postby AndrewT » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 pm

May be a 383 ci aka 6.2L could do a reasonable job,no substitute for cubic inches?Extra torque would push her along a bit faster.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
AndrewT

Postby Rivertown » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:59 pm

[quote="Scoots"]Yeah, its sad there isnt more participation on this site. Ive looked at a few other boat specific sites and there very active. I dont know Caravelle's numbers but it seems like there a very small manufacturer, I guess thats why theres so few of us on here.

This site used to be VERY active as you can see by the thousands of posts logged on here for the past several years, mostly from the good ole' days when Caravelle was at it's peak and building and selling a lot more boats than now. Unfortunately, Caravelle Boats (the original company) has been sold a few times and divided up several times (certain body style moulds sold to other companies, etc.) in the past few years since what I would consider it's peak when it was owned and managed for quite a fe3w years by Russ Lowe. It seems the original company is building and selling very few boats now that aren't near as cool and popular as the old "Interceptor" that many of you still have. Since these are no longer being built by Caravelle, pretty much all of the interceptors people are buying now are on the used market, unless some dealer has one stashed away here and there. There is a core group of members here, some who have been here since the forum started, who have been faithful to keep the forum going and even paying to keep it up when we lost our corporate sponsor. If you go to our home page at http://www.caravelleboat.net you can see the user names of some of those core people, some still frequent the site. I don't know if anyone noticed, but you have gotten a free year of the forum this year, compliments of your Admin, me, Rivertown. I did not attempt to collect membership fees this year in order to see if it would generate some more members. I guess the next question is how much interest there still is in keeping the forum alive. If anyone still has an interest and would be willing to investing in keeping it online, it would be great to hear your opinions here if you wouldn't mind responding.
Site Administrator
Rivertown
Rivertown
Site Admin

Postby Scoots » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:30 am

Ill bet only the core peeps will even respond to an open call to keep it going. Caravelle will probably end up as a manufactures section on another large forums site and wont have near the diversity in topics as this site. Mt Inter'c isnt going anywhere so I plan to stick for quite some time..
Scoots

Postby AndrewT » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:15 am

I'm up for $20.00 ,this forum is full of excellent information an very helpful people even though there is less and less of them.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
AndrewT

Postby Scoots » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 pm

I'd be down for 20+ but Im a tuner/tinkerer. There just isnt enough enthusiasm round these parts. I hope it doesnt die but it doesnt have much of a pulse..
Scoots

Postby north star » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:06 pm

I'll see if my project can create some interest !
North Star
Nova Scotia Canada
Ski Doos Sea Doos
Caravelle Interceptor 5.7 GSi
north star

Postby Rivertown » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:39 am

FYI, the cost to keep the forum up for one year is approximately $800. We don't want to collect any $$ from anyone until we know we can make the $800. If 8 people were willing to donate $100, that would make it simple, but I'm not sure anyone would be willing to do that. Suggestions appreciated. A decision to keep the site up or not will need to be made soon.

Thanks.
Site Administrator
Rivertown
Rivertown
Site Admin

Return to Interceptor Performance Boats