Aftermarket cruise control for 2006 187 BR

From the 176 Fish & Ski up to the 242LS Bow Rider...this is the forum for the LS Series and other Caravelle models.

Postby Cruzomatic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:18 am

Hat....how was the install? As easy as blewbyu's ?? You guys are going to force me to do this.
EX-2005 207LS
Current-2009 Chaparral 236SSI
Cruzomatic

Interests: 0

Postby taffy3 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:45 am

Well, after reading all the posts you guys are right. I never took into consideration that it was so difficult to find a driver. Back when we skied it was an all guy thing. There were cops and pilots always around and finding a good driver was never a problem. I can see your point though.

The other day my son lost his favorite hat (blew off). I swung the boat around but the chop was too big to get into position to pick it up. Without too much thought I grabbed a cushion and dove in after the hat. As the boat was drifting away in the strong breeze my wife couldn't get back to me. My 14 year old son finally took the helm and did a great job following my yelled instructions. Thankfully I'd been letting him run the boat some the past couple of years. I had visions for a couple of minutes of floating around out there all afternoon.

Sounds like that Perfect Pass would be cheaper than marriage counseling in the long run.

T3
2006 Caravelle 187. 1973 Silverton 27' dual station cruiser fully restored Thermoelectron powered, Borg/Warner Velvet Drive w/Walters V-drive.
taffy3

Postby hattonv » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Very easy. Took me about three hours by myself. If I hadn't reversed some wires it would have been less. Called PP and the rep talked me through it. Very professional.
hattonv

Postby Cruzomatic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

taffy3 wrote:Well, after reading all the posts you guys are right. I never took into consideration that it was so difficult to find a driver. Back when we skied it was an all guy thing. There were cops and pilots always around and finding a good driver was never a problem. I can see your point though.

The other day my son lost his favorite hat (blew off). I swung the boat around but the chop was too big to get into position to pick it up. Without too much thought I grabbed a cushion and dove in after the hat. As the boat was drifting away in the strong breeze my wife couldn't get back to me. My 14 year old son finally took the helm and did a great job following my yelled instructions. Thankfully I'd been letting him run the boat some the past couple of years. I had visions for a couple of minutes of floating around out there all afternoon.

Sounds like that Perfect Pass would be cheaper than marriage counseling in the long run.

T3

T3, great story. Glad you were able to recover the hat. Yeah, you and I are in the same position. Perfect pass seems like the fix.
EX-2005 207LS
Current-2009 Chaparral 236SSI
Cruzomatic

Previous

Return to Caravelle LS Series