2003 Caravelle Interceptor 212

Post pictures of your boat here. Be sure to let us know what we are looking at.

2003 Caravelle Interceptor 212

Postby Seabee2002 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Purchased my first boat last year. 1993 Starcraft Elite 190, 120hp Force O/B. Decided the kiddos and I needed an upgrade. Purchased a 2003 Carravelle Interceptor 212. WOW!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!! I have taken it out several times. I am trying to understand the turning on this boat. When I turn the boat it gets way up on it's side. Is this common with the Interseptors? Am I turning to quickly, not quickly enough?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (245.49 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
Seabee2002

Interests: 0

Re: 2003 Caravelle Interceptor 212

Postby buyfire » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:02 am

Don't worry about it, you can't turn wrong. I could nearly dip the windshield sides on my 212 and my 232, especially when turning to port at low speeds. It's great for freaking out your new to boating passengers!

Congrats, on being the latest victim of 2 foot-itis. You'd be wise to start saving for your 232 now.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Postby Bezdonr57 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Hey SeeBee2002. I am the guy you saw out on Lake Marie yesterday. I have been boating the Chain for years. Nice to see another Interceptor out there. Not too many around here. On the turning, like Buyfire said, don't worry too much. The boat is VERY stable. I find it will corner flat like a Porsche at almost any speed with lighter loads. The "tilt" happens more when you are close or a little over the weight limit. It takes less than you think to hit the weight limit when you have coolers, batteries, gear, skis and wake boards and half a dozen people. Add it up and you'll be surprised how many pounds you are carrying. I always hit the weight limit before the person limit. Lighten the load and take one friend out and let her run. You'll be amazed how tight it will actually corner. Warning, hang on. It will corner tight enough to kick you off the seat.
2003 Interceptor 212SS Merc 5.0 MPI
2000 Durango 5.9 Magnum 4x4
Bezdonr57

Postby buyfire » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:25 am

Yeah, as a legal disclaimer, I guess I should retract my previous comment. You CAN turn wrong, but you'll have to try really hard. High speed, high G turns are crazy fun in the Interceptors because they'll bite so hard. Sometimes I'd have to be careful not to hold on too hard to the throttle stick for fear of bending it over! I've never heard of it happening, but I'm SURE you could skip her like a stone if high G turning and hit a cross wake wrong. But I'm pretty sure this isn't what you were referring to anyway.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Return to Show Us Your Boat