This forum is for all the discussions not related to boating.

Postby protonvx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:37 am

I keep thinking of other things I changed on the boat. I added two blue top Optimas, battery selector switch, and a new horn.

I also was experiencing some popping in the speakers while trimming, so I installed some capacitors on the trim switch and now I have no more peopping!
protonvx

Interests: 0

Postby Muncie6spd » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 am

Protonvx, I like Salamonie because of the marina and the closeness of the campground to the lake. There are two other state lakes close by; Missisenewa which is a little larger than Salamonie and Roush (formerly Huntington) which is much smaller. Most of the state reservoir lakes are crowded on the weekends so we try to get on the water as much as possible during the week. Right now the only one at summer pool level is Roush due to a lack of rain this spring. My favorite lake is Dale Hollow on the Kentucky-Tennessee border; we make an annual weeklong trip down there with two of our children and 7 grandkids. Everyone looks forward to that trip all year.

It sounds like you have the perfect scenario for your boating at Lake Manitou; I probably would stay there as well if I had a place there. Is the lake big enough to open up the Interceptor, I know many of private lakes in northern Indiana are rather small. I've been on a few up in the Chain of lakes region near Warsaw, IN. Most of them are 10mph speed limit or less.

Mike
2004 Interceptor 212 LS, Wakeboard tower, 5.0MPI:
Muncie6spd

Postby protonvx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 am

Mike,

I have never been to Dale Hollow, I have heard it is nice though.

So far, I have had too many kids on the boat to really push her to the max and too many other boats on the lake for that matter. I will be up there the entire week of the 4th of July and plan on going out around 6am and waking everyone up :D and seeing what the boat can do. I could run the Baja at 57 around the lake and maxed at 62 in the long straight away (as I call it). However, the Interceptor takes a little longer to get to the low 60s, so I don't know if the lake is big enough to go any faster than 66 (top speed so far on my lake) before I have to turn or shut her down.
protonvx

Re: Newbie

Postby MattOso » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:32 pm

Im new to this forum as well but have been following it for as long as i can remember!
I also want to say THANKS for all the support advice and friendship you guys give here, its awesome!

I live in NW IN and make it out to lake michigan every sunday I get during the summer (watching the airshows from the water is great!). Ive never been to Dale Hollow either but I have also heard good things! We also try to make a trip to Lake Monroe every Memorial and Labor day weekend and rent a party barge to tie up to in party cove. This winter/spring I WILL purchase my first 232 int and the wife and I want to travel with it all next summer so maybe we could have some gatherings and show each other our favorite spots here? Just a thought as my mind cant think of anything else in the winter but getting back out on the lake!

Congrats on the new boat protonvx! Sounds like you had a great summer with the family!
OSO
2005 232 350Mag
Lake Michigan
MattOso

Postby Muncie6spd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:53 pm

MattOso,

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find everyone helpful on this forum. You will love the Interceptor, I sometimes wish I had gotten the 232 instead of the 212 but I wanted the wakeboard tower and this one has it. I haven't been to Lake Monroe in years, the water there got pretty rough on the weekends when I was last there with all the cruisers and houseboats churning up the water. If you get a chance check out Dale Hollow Lake or Lake Cumberland in Kentucky; compared to Indiana lakes they are huge and not nearly as busy.
Good luck on your quest to get an Interceptor!

Mike
Muncie6spd

Postby MattOso » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:12 pm

Thanks Mike! Lake Cumberland is already on the list to as far as places to go next year so count me in!
OSO
2005 232 350Mag
Lake Michigan
MattOso

Postby MattOso » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:04 pm

Planning our trip to Lake Cumberland now for May 23-26 and renting a house boat too!
OSO
2005 232 350Mag
Lake Michigan
MattOso

Postby Muncie6spd » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:27 pm

That's great! I'm sure you will love it; once you are there if you're like us you will want to go back every year. We have been going to the same resort at Dale Hollow for the last 30 years and can't wait to go back again next year.

Mike
Muncie6spd

Postby MattOso » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:19 am

Thats Awesome Mike and thanks for the Lake Cumberland tip!
OSO
2005 232 350Mag
Lake Michigan
MattOso

Previous

Return to The Lounge