2007 NASCAR SEASON OPENS!

This forum is for all the discussions not related to boating.

Postby Nuckle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:20 pm

I am kicking around the idea but I wont go more than a week or two without one.

Nuck
Nuckle

Interests: 0

Postby brindez » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Nuck!

BUMMER! :(

But, congrats in getting a bigger rig! :D It's all about the speed! :twisted:

Good luck in your findings!
Dezi! 8)
2006 242LS "Swede Tamale II" Red/Opal
5.7Gi Volvo/Penta SS Duoprop (280 hp)
Premium Stereo w/Transom Remote
Extended Swim Step w/ Freshwater Shower
13th Floor Red Tower w/ Red Apollo Speakers
Pulled by: 05' Durango 5.7L 335HP Hemi V8
brindez

Postby Nuckle » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 pm

Well as of now we have decided that if we dont get any takers off of just posting it on this site then we are not going to list it on ebay. If someone called and wanted it I would sell it and make a move but as it stands now we may just finish out the summer with it and go from there. I am very impulsive and the impulse has kinda passed.

Nuck
Nuckle

Postby IrishLori » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:08 pm

I want to know what the #24 fans think of Jr's announcement today to be a team member in 2008.

I personally think it's a smart move for him and wish him luck.

It'd be ironic if Kyle ends up at DEI but I don't really care where he goes since I don't care much for him. As I'm writing that now I'm worried since Tony made a comment last week that he thought Kyle was a pretty good guy and has grown up a lot. OH NO! I hope Gibbs isn't talking to him... :shock:
IrishLori
Phil's wife
2006 237 LS bowrider with 5.7 GXI Volvo
Proflight tower
2000 Ford Expedition
IrishLori

Postby twindaddy63 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:23 pm

This comes from die-hard #24 fan:

Jr. picked the team that will give him the best chance at a trophy--no one can question that--even the die hard Gordon haters and Kool-Aid drinking, beer can throwing DEI fans. I like Jr., I just think he deserves better fans than he has--he certainly has more class that all of his fans combined.

I wonder at how the dynamics of NASCAR success will change. Half of the appeal of the sport is the perceived rivalry between the Gordon fans and the Gordon haters. This will put a new twist on this rivalry, for sure. The through-and-through Jr. fans that have historically slammed HMS will have to revise their mantra. And maybe all of the conspiracy theories about NASCAR favoring HMS will die, finally.

Side note: Why do Jr. fans hate Gordon so much, but Gordon fans don't seem to harbor the same towards him? I guess they are afraid of success coming from the most likely person to be able to match Dale Sr. championship count. Fear can be a powerful motivator. (Just yanking your chains, Jr fans!)

Good luck to Jr.--welcome to the dark side of the force!
2007 Caravelle 217 LS
1982 Corvette
2004 Titan gas hog
2006 BMW 325Ci
1964 Beautiful wife
"You're gonna need a bigger boat"
If I can't get there by water, I'm not coming.
twindaddy63

Postby brindez » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Yes! Congrats to Jr. for joining the WINNING Hendricks team! :shock:

I also wonder why Gordon fans don't hate Jr., but Jr. fans hate Gordon? :roll: Well, now Jr. fans are going to HAVE to tolerate the #24! :lol:

It should be interesting, hearing the fans, none-the-less! I'd guess I finally HAVE to buy some Jr. stuff....wonder what number he will be, since D.E.I. owns #8?? As my husband and kids discussed over lunch with me today....he should be 72....you know....24, 48, (There's already a 60) then 72......do it in 12's! :lol:

Happy racin' everyone!
A 24 fan for 10 years,
Dezi 8)
brindez

Postby buckeye » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Hendricks has finally got a good driver! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2004 212 5.0 MPI 260hp 1.47 ratio
2011 F150 4x4
buckeye

Postby bucky7680 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:34 am

Talk about a stacked deck for Hendicks. Great cars and great talent. I wonder how many teams will aproach Kyle just to get some Hendrick knowlege? What color will the sands be now if Jr changes his color let alone his number. I love a good soap opera.

Irishlori / Brendez I pick up the new boat this Sat. Are there speed restrictions on the lakes in your area? 35 mph is all that I can go out here in the IE.
bucky7680

Postby IrishLori » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:22 pm

Phil said all ours have a 35 also but they're not monitored well (if ya' know what we mean).

I'm a 20 fan so I just laugh at the fan rivalry between the 8 and 24 guys. Frankly I don't get it. I think if someone who claims to be a diehard #8 fan just can' seem to bring himself to follow Jr over to Hendricks then he was never a true #8 fan...he is a DEI fan. Let them stay with DEI then. Jr is too nice a guy to have to deal with THOSE kind of people.

As far as the "fans" go that do all the throwing of beer cans and crap...I don't consider them Nascar fans at all. They're a bunch of rednecks who just like to watch cars go fast and maybe crash.

Alright, I'm stepping off the soapbox now. That's what you get when I get online in a bad mood, sorry.
IrishLori
Phil's wife
Proflight tower
2000 Ford Expedition
IrishLori

Postby bucky7680 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Our guys have radar and like to use it.

Anyone hear anything about where poor Kyle will be going? Looks like the crying has started.

Good site to find NASCAR news. http://www.jayski.com
bucky7680

Postby brindez » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:31 pm

Bucky!!

Congrats on FINALLY getting your new boat!!! You MUST post pics, ok? We'll be at Pyramid Lake on Sunday....let us know if you want to come up this way sometime with your new baby....we can meet up and compare notes! :twisted:

In regards to Jr.'s COLORS, it will be weird not seeing him in a red & black #8 car....but like he said in all his interviews, he "wants to win the cup"....and he may just do that with Hendricks by his side! :shock:
It will be interesting to see what the fans do at California later this summer.

Take care Bucky! Hope you & your wife are doing well! Nice to hear from you!

Dezi and the crew 8)

P.S. Darn, now I HAVE to buy Jr. stickers to put on my boat & car as well! :D
brindez

Postby bucky7680 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:11 am

Brendez I'm sure we will hook up sometime this summer. We are not planning on taking the boat to Mead until Aug. I want to make sure that all the bugs are worked out first

How about the poor vendors in the trailers? I know the people who owned the 88 Dale Jarrett trailer. When he anounced that he was leaving to drive for Toyota their sales droped to nothing. Jarrett only had 1 trailer Jr has 6 or more depending on the track. I'm sure it was a hard decision for Jr to make knowing how many people would be affected. Jr is an industy to himself.
bucky7680

Postby brindez » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:26 pm

Bucky,

Very good.....we'd love to hook up and check out the competition! Did you guys get it today? How exciting! :D

Yeah, I also wondered about the trailer folks....too bad there couldn't be a "Sale Rack" for the #8? His trailers were up there in numbers with Gordon's. My boys are already trying to collect the die-cast cars! Funny, however, my youngest has colored his little die-cast a different color with a marker already!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't remember if you were a dad or not....if so, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! If not, a good excuse to go boating! :D

Take care! I'll post pics of tomorrows major event....cooking fajitas for about 12 people at Pyramid! :lol:

Dezi and the crew! 8)
brindez

Postby brindez » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:34 am

Hey all you fans.....

How about last weekends' race? Great finish!

But sad news in today's headlines regarding the husband of France's daughter.....condolences to the NASCAR community.... :cry:

D and the crew.....
brindez

Postby IrishLori » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:57 pm

Very sad about the crash, my heart goes out to Lesa and her son for 2 of the worst losses possible so close together.

It was a great finish, good for Jaime!

I heard yesterday it's pretty confirmed that Bud will not be with Jr next year. That's too bad for both I think. I hear his front running sponser is Pepsi Co. Since Pepsi already is Jeff's it's rumored that Mountain Dew will go onto Jr's car. Pepsi is no longet the sponser of the Pepsi 400 for next year so they have to place their dollars somewhere else and it looks like this'll be it. It's not confirmed but a pretty good "unconfirmed" story right now. Clair B usually doesn't say things until she's pretty sure of them.
Last edited by IrishLori on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishLori
Phil's wife
Proflight tower
2000 Ford Expedition
IrishLori

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge