Best price on Faria Tach?

This forum is for discussions of Caravelle Replacement Parts - where to get them, etc.

Best price on Faria Tach?

Postby Johnny HotFoot » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Help!

My Interceptor had it's tach replaced with an incorrect 7,000 outboard one with the non-matching white face.

I am now on the hunt for the correct one: My gauges are a crème color so I believe it is the Faria Euro Badge SS 6,000 Tach with hour meter Item Details
Factory: TC9176 Catalog: 35132 UPC: 7 59266 35132 5

look about right?

I have contacted Faria about swapping me for a functional used or reconditioned one... waiting to hear back

where can I get one at the best price? I've seen $135, anyone seen cheaper?

in the meantime, I have a very nice 7,000 OB tach w/hour meter for sale :D
1999 Interceptor 232 BR, 5.7 GS, Comp Cam
SX Drive, SS 3 Blade Ballistic 14.25 x 23P
Johnny HotFoot

Interests: 0

Re: Best price on Faria Tach?

Postby Johnny HotFoot » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:35 am

Found one!

after a few days of searching I found ebasicpower had one listed on ebay- $130 and free shipping .... not a bad price as they range up to $155+shipping

now my only concern is that they send me the correct guage! reason I'm nervous is that supposedly the last guy who tried to replace the tach ordered the right one but got the wrong one nonetheless :(

I did NOT see any other gauges by Faria that had a beige face to them except for the SS Euro Beige Family.... so I assumed that was the guage I was after, but the photo's online don't look as dark beige as my boat dash??? can anyone CONFIRM that my 1999 Interceptor came with SS Euro Beige Guages?
Thanks
1999 Interceptor 232 BR, 5.7 GS, Comp Cam
SX Drive, SS 3 Blade Ballistic 14.25 x 23P
Johnny HotFoot

Interests: 0

Return to Caravelle Replacement Parts