Parts for a 230 Seahawk?

This forum is for discussions of Caravelle Replacement Parts - where to get them, etc.

Parts for a 230 Seahawk?

Postby Jaimeson » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Anyone ever contacted Caravelle for parts on a 7 year or older Seahawk CC? I called them directly and got an email address for some woman named Sherri.caravelle@gmail.com but I never received any kind of response.

I was looking for the rear seat that folds down on the inside of the transom. Anyways, if anyone has or knows where to get one, lemme know.

Thanks
2004 230 Seahawk CC Top Gun outriggers Garmin 740S/18 HD radar Yamaha F225
Jaimeson

Interests: 0

Postby AndrewT » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

With third owners in as many years it will be interesting to see if you get any service. There is a vending list here on the forum it may be of some help but I feel that it may be somewhat outdated. Please let us know on the outcome .
Last edited by AndrewT on Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
21P 14.5 3B SS prop and 19P 4B SS for wakeboarding and tubing.
AndrewT

Postby shel » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:51 pm

Jaimeson,
Caravelle did their own upholstry in house when they were building the SeaHawk line. You will have no luck with them on the rear seat. Your best bet is to contact Birdsall Marine in West Palm Beach, FL 800-829-4772. You can google them and go to their website and see their products. They make the reat seats and backrest components for many CC builders including Bluewater Boats whose boats have the same orgin as your 230. If I recall your pics, you did not have the back seat to start with so you're not having to match anything up.
shel

Postby Jaimeson » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, Shel, you're correct that I never had one to start with. Honestly, it would undoubtedly be in the way on the 230 model when it comes to fishing as it's already tight back there as it is; however, a 280 model would be no problem.

It's not a huge deal as I use the boat primarily for fishing but it would be nice to have forjoy riding. I bet a new one would cost around $4-500 anyhow.
Jaimeson

Postby shel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 pm

From Birdsall Marine, probably close to $750 with shipping, and that's just for the rear seat, no backrest. The console is so big on the 230 (same console as on the 280) by the time you put the leaning post in you don't have much room in the stern between the leaning post and transom (if you put the reat seat in). I usually fold mine down for long runs to the stream and use two bean bags in the back. More comfortable than the seat anyway and they store easy in the console or up front. I use the ones from Walmart, have held up great for 3 years now and a lot of trips. They are also very inexpensive and take up a smaller footprint than the expensive marine bean bags. They are L shaped, great to sit in. Here's the link.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ace-Bayou-L-S ... ing+Policy
The royal blue ones are the ones I use. I don't like the ones with the center insert (nylon type material), water can get in those too easy.
shel

Postby Jaimeson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 pm

I guess I missed this post, that seems like an awesome alternative to that stupid rear seat!

Thanks for sharing man!
Jaimeson

Postby shel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm

They do work out pretty good. The console is so big, I usually put them in there when we get to where we're going. If one of the ladies need to go to the bathroom, just pull them out for a moment and then just stuff them back in when they're through. If you're out all day fishing and somebody wants to catch a quick 30 minute nap, pull em out again.
shel

Re: Parts for a 230 Seahawk?

Postby Bobwittenberg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:41 pm

I own a 2003 model. I'm the 2nd owner. When I purchased the boat, the seat came separate and the original owner had never used it. I've never installed/used it...be willing to sell it. bobwitten@gmail.com
Bobwittenberg

Re: Parts for a 230 Seahawk?

Postby shel » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:13 pm

Are you saying you have the rear seat that folds down? Pictures? How much $ ?
shel

Return to Caravelle Replacement Parts