MISSISSIPPI - BACK TO THE GREAT RIVER

Post discussions and plans for special events, outings, and get-togethers with other boaters.

MISSISSIPPI - BACK TO THE GREAT RIVER

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:27 am

Will be on the GREAT River on this Friday and Saturday! Putting in at La Crosse and heading north on a day trip at least one day, staying in La Crosse both nights. Anyone that may be out, feel free to call my cell at 715-297-4405 perhaps we can have beer and share a story or 2.
:beer: More then welcome to run with us 2 :mrgreen:

HP
HOT PURSUIT

Interests: 0

River Weekend LaCrosse

Postby Ceptor6466 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 am

We will becoming up river from Guttenberg, heading to LaCrosse on Sunday, spending the night at the BW Motel in LaCrosse, heading south on Monday....post if around on Sunday night....
Ceptor6466

Postby Bezdonr57 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey HP. Looks like you locked in your plans. I sent you a link to the hotels local to Chain of Lakes State park. Keep it for the future. The Chain os a grwat place to boat, especially on a nice hot day. The traditional squirt gun wars are a BLAST (pun intended). Hopefully one day you can make it down here or I can get up there. My boat is usually in the water all season but I am kinda itching to explore some new places. It is just really convenient when I can just hop in and go, sometimes even on a week night.
2003 Interceptor 212SS Merc 5.0 MPI
2000 Durango 5.9 Magnum 4x4
Bezdonr57

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Hey Bezdonr57! I did, at midnight last evening booked the motel in La Crosse after 2 hours searching on the web for boat launches, lodging, and is there some kinda sticker required to boat the Chain? Thought I saw that somewhere as well.

I was really torn as we both really wanted to get to the Chain yet this year. And, woulda been GREAT seeing the big boats, the water and what things are for sale on the water being modeled not to mention getting to meet you :) We were hoping for a shot at Blarneys :lol: You're welcome to come join us up north here as well and we WILL get down there yet. Maybe not til next season now but Ya never know about this weather:)

Thanks for the list and you bet I will save it!!

HP :lol:
HOT PURSUIT

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Wow! GREAT trip :lol: Put in at Lacrosse about Noon Friday. Headed north enjoying the GREAT temps and light winds. Best I have ever seen the bluffs w/o humidity was nice and clear. Cruised up at 35MPH all the way to the north end of Lake Pepin, about 70 miles best I can figure. Put in 10 gallons of fuel in Wabasha, MN, glad I did. Barely had to wait at any of the locks, I think we went through 5, maybe 6.
Started heading back and realized unless I kicked her down we were gonna be caught in the dark, which is no big deal, but first time on that section of river. So instead of 35 we ran 50 to 55, which really increased the fuel consumption. River was glass and just gorgeous on the way back down.
As I watched the fuel gauge head toward E near Trempeleau, WI, I began to worry just a bit. Made it to the landing in Lacrosse at dark with the needle well below E! Refilled for Saturday and put in 35.6 gallons :shock: WHoa! Almost on fumes.
Lacrosse landings, all of them, now require a $3 a day launch fee. There was a sign, which I didn't notice having never paid a fee the 5 trips in 3 years. Had a $20 Parking Ticket on the windshield@#&^$#($ :twisted:
The fee for an annual permit is $10!!! What the hell, ticket is for TWICE the annual fee. Spent over $500 on fuel, room and meals in Lacrosse. That's the WELCOME BACK? :twisted: :twisted: Oh well! Was a WONDERFUL weekend anyhow :lol: Had friends join us on Saturday and went as far as Winona and then back south of Lacrosse to the play place there in the sand piles.
People that have never boated the GREAT RIVER do not know what BEAUTIFUL things God put there for man to enjoy :worship:

HP
Last edited by HOT PURSUIT on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOT PURSUIT

Postby sdk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:33 pm

:D 8)
2005 Caravelle Interceptor 232 BR SS
350 MAGMPI, Bravo 1
2014 Stingray 2LT Coupe
sdk

Postby buyfire » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 am

LOVE the mississippi. someday, i'd love to make the trip from minnesota to the gulf. although, i can't imagine the fuel bill that would rack up.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Return to Events, Outings & Get-Togethers