Summer trips

Post discussions and plans for special events, outings, and get-togethers with other boaters.

Summer trips

Postby JP » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:05 am

Hello everyone. The snow is blowing and water has turned to ice. Not my favorite time of year. But this time of year is when the family decides what to do when the water is fluid again, when the sun is shining hot. We are thinking of heading out to another lake we have not been to yet. This year I believe we will be heading out to Lake Powell. Since we have nevery been I was wondering if anyone here could help with some tips of what to do and not. We are not renting a house boat since I have a few boats. We hope to be able to find some beach and tent it. Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
1996 Interceptor 232 sc
2001 F-150 SD
JP

Interests: 0

Re: Summer trips

Postby Irie Mon » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:03 pm

JP,

I have been there twice but we always rented a house boat. See the attached youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=213W0X6dVck

I will say, that sometimes a sandy beach area might be hard to find. Most areas are rocky sandstone. The lake level really fluctuates each year. Looks like this year is going to be really good and at a high level. The farther north you go the colder the water will be. Where are you planning on going out of???

Steve
2004 Caravelle 207, 5.0L MPI 260 HP
Irie Mon

Re: Summer trips

Postby JP » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the reply. We are thinking of going in at bullfrog. We are still researching it though. My folks are going with us and they have stopped in at Page but did not hit the lake. I figured it would be hard to find a beach to set up at, cause like you say lots of sandstone. So we are starting to also look at camp spots. But right off I'm not seeing much. We also at some point want to hit up Lake Havasu. And we may end up going their. I think the Powell trip my be much better with a house boat. Finding the right people to count on for that is not an easy task lol.
1996 Interceptor 232 sc
2001 F-150 SD
JP

Return to Events, Outings & Get-Togethers