2006 187LS for sale near Saratoga Springs NY (W/PHOTOS)

This forum is for posting boating-related classified ads ONLY.

2006 187LS for sale near Saratoga Springs NY (W/PHOTOS)

Postby taffy3 » Sun May 24, 2015 9:30 am

I haven't posted here for awhile but some may remember me from the maintenance forum over the years. It's a little bitter sweet but we feel it's time to let our 187LS go to a younger/newer owner. As some may know I busied myself restoring a 1973 Silverton Cruiser over the past decade in my spare time. We're just not using the 187 and it makes no sense to hang onto her. She's not been used since 2012 and has been stored properly. This is a bone stock one owner boat. I'm an older life long boater who understands maintenance.

I'll see if I can post some pictures over the next week or so. I can tell you that the boat currently has 64 hours on the meter and it shows in every way. Boat is clean as a whistle inside and out. I always judge an open boat by the condition of the marine vinyl. This boat shows no rips tears or suntan oil stains of any kind.

Power package is the 190 hp Mercruiser V6 based on the GM 4.3L block. This engine is a great match for this size/weight boat.

This is a "turn key" sale in every way. Fresh oil/filters (I use Mobil 1 in everything I own), all lubricants fresh and checked, new battery installed 5/2/2015 (Deka/East Penn). Drop her in, start her up and go boating.

She's black/white in color and comes with a matching black Tennessee trailer with surge brakes/electric lock out and bearing buddies. Trailer has nice custom wheels and Goodyear Marathons.

Options include:

Swim Platform (makes the boat feel more like a 20 footer)
4 channel stereo
Bimini Top w/boot all stainless frame
2 piece storage cover
snap in carpets (we never used them, they"re clean)
Faria digital depth finder

Price is $15K firm

Best regards and have a great Memorial Day. Don't forget to thank a vet, today and always!

Taffy 3 (in memory of Commander Earnest Evans and the sacrifice of the men of the USS Johnston and the Taffy's- Battle of Leyte Gulf WWII)
Last edited by taffy3 on Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Caravelle 187. 1973 Silverton 27' dual station cruiser fully restored Thermoelectron powered, Borg/Warner Velvet Drive w/Walters V-drive.
taffy3

Interests: 0

Re: 2006 187LS going up for sale near Saratoga Springs NY

Postby taffy3 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Well, as promised here are some pictures of our 2006 187ls. Asking price is $15,000. We'd love to see this boat go to a family as we feel it's an outstanding and safe family boat. The 4.3 liter V6 installed in this hull is a perfect match for it's size and weight. This boat comes fully optioned out as you can see from the photos. We never used the snap in carpets and they are in great shape. If you're looking for a new boat but the $25,000+ price tag (for what's often a 4 cylinder boat) seems like a little too much I'd urge you to contact us and come see. Thanks for taking the time to look!

I pulled the port size compartment divider so you can see that there is access to the port side of the engine. I'm almost 60 and have little trouble getting in there for oil changes and inspections.
Look in the lower right of the photo (just above the transducer) and you can see that new white Purolator oil filter peeking out!
That new "Duracell" battery is made by East Penn Manufacturing, the largest battery manufacturer in the world located in Pennsylvania USA! Just purchased and installed on 5/2/2015.
This outdrive never stayed overnight in the water. With only 64 hours on the meter it should shine and it does!
The bucket seats and all the bow upholstery, except the two hinged cushions are removable without tools for storage
64 hours! Oil pressure, volts, temp 160 all per spec. That fuel gauge will read "F" when you take delivery of this boat.
All documentation is included, we even kept that little black vinyl Caravelle pouch
2006 Caravelle 187. 1973 Silverton 27' dual station cruiser fully restored Thermoelectron powered, Borg/Warner Velvet Drive w/Walters V-drive.
taffy3

Re: 2006 187LS for sale near Saratoga Springs NY (W/PHOTOS)

Postby AndrewT » Wed May 27, 2015 5:40 pm

That is a very clean and spotless looking boat a credit to it's current owner.
Someone will have a beautiful boat .
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
21P 14.5 3B SS prop and 19P 4B SS for wakeboarding and tubing.
AndrewT

Postby buyfire » Thu May 28, 2015 10:13 am

Thar is one low hour 2006. Looks great, I'm sure you won't have much trouble moving her this time of year!
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Postby taffy3 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:50 am

Thanks guys. It's bitter/sweet as I said but I'm almost 60 and we're starting, slowly,to streamline our possessions so that in a few years we'll be able to more easily leave the great state of New York. We'll keep the Silverton until I meet my maker if I have anything to say about it but this boat needs a young family. I hope that she goes to a young couple with kids. We'll just have to see what happens. I'll let you know.
taffy3

Postby taffy3 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Well that didn't take too long. SOLD! My wife almost cried when the new owner pulled her out of the driveway. That's probably the best testament to Caravelle's quality and value. We'll miss her......
taffy3

Return to Classified Ads