Tennessee Trailer-Replacment Jack other then stock

From your towing rig to trailer brakes. This is the place to discuss towing and trailering.

Tennessee Trailer-Replacment Jack other then stock

Postby Red One » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:05 pm

I have a 232 Interceptor sitting on a Tennesse tandem trailer. The jack is junk imo. I am looking to put a better jack on this trailer that bolts right on. Has anybody out there replaced it with a better? If so I would love to hear your recommendation and feedback.

Thanks

Jim
Red One

Interests: 0

Postby killer71 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:27 pm

killer71

Postby Red One » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:48 am

Thanks for the post.....

I am sure that one would work.... I am just wanting to get some advice off of someone who has replaced it and recommend it to be a good working jack. I am worried about buying one that is just as lousy as the one this trailer came with.
Red One

Postby 95LSDIY » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:03 am

Well I always see people replace the stock with a fulton f2 jack, its heavier duty and has 2 wheels, you may need an adapter plate to mount to your stock mount though. But I'm sure it will last longer
95LSDIY

Postby killer71 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 am

check out the reviews at the bottom of the link i sent you...i've always had good luck with fulton jacks.
killer71

Postby osuinco » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 pm

I have the F2. Quite frankly, it is overkill. At 1600 lbs, that means half the boat weight could be supported. If I ever get into a situation where half the boat weight is on the tongue jack instead of the tandem axles of the trailer, I have bigger problems than the jack.

Mine is the single wheel. Both are rated at 1600 lbs, so I do not see the benefit of having to turn a second wheel when moving the boat around in close quarters. At 1/2 the ground contact, you have 1/2 the friction when moving it around. To me it is just another surface to get a tiny pebble caught under. 1600 lbs is 1600 lbs.

About 15 minutes to install. Cam lock is very easy to use and has positive locking positions. Handle rotates quite easily. Some cheap jacks actually have to "catch up" so to speak or feel like they are spinning out. Not this one. Positive gear contact so you can spin it as fast as you can when free and while not effortless, is very easy to raise under a load. The little handle "stay" works well. Never had the handle rattle loose.
2000 232 SC Interceptor, 7.4 MPI, 375 HP, Bravo I
osuinco

Postby FasterDaddy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Did you ever find a jack that would replace directly onto the tennessee trailer weld-on mount? I am interested in replacing mine and would prefer something that uses the hardware that is already there.
FasterDaddy

Return to Towing / Trailering