Gas Tank Design

This forum is for owners and enthusiasts of the Sea Hawk line of Caravelle Boats. From the 190 Center Console model up to the 280 Center Console model.

Gas Tank Design

Postby drewerd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:23 pm

I have a 2008 Seahawk stern drive walk around. Somehow i have small sheets of plastic in the fuel tank, they look like strips of a label. About the size of a hand with perforated edges. These pieces of plastic are blocking the intake of the fuel line occasionally and stalling the boat.

In order to make sure i get it all the label pieces out i now need to cut an access hole down near the pick up, to remove the trash and make sure there is none left.. I would also like to know the design of the fuel tank if anyone knows the company that built the tanks for caravelle? It would be nice to understand what baffles exist inside the tank. I will only have limited access with the hole i can cut in there and would like to have some peace of mind knowing there isn't more hidden behind a baffle.
drewerd

Interests: 0

Re: Gas Tank Design

Postby Finorfairway » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:58 am

hey im having same problem. What a nightmare. I have a 2009. Let me know what you did. Feel free to call
George
516-805-4640

Im in New york
Finorfairway

Re: Gas Tank Design

Postby maxthrottle » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:51 pm

I'd be very careful before cutting a hole in the top of the fuel tank, you'll ruin the pressure rating not to mention the explosion possibility. You're going to need to fashion a new cover and have the tank pressure tested again, it's unlikely any tank facility will touch it. If the tank isn't valid you're going to have trouble selling your boat.
maxthrottle

Return to Sea Hawk Offshore Boats