2005 Seahawk 23' WA

This forum is for owners and enthusiasts of the Sea Hawk line of Caravelle Boats. From the 190 Center Console model up to the 280 Center Console model.

2005 Seahawk 23' WA

Postby mattr » Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 am

Was hoping someone could help. I am the proud new owner of a 2005 23' WA (love this boat) but I am having a problem. I washed the boat down pretty heavily to clean it including the cabin.

The drain hole in the cabin seemed plugged, so I unscrewed the drain cover and took a wire to no avail and it seems like the hole that is aft of the drain by a few inches is actually plugged with fiberglass. Caravelle was really no help, so I am hoping someone can help me with this.

Should I drill a hole where the drain hole seems closed up to allow waterflow in the event the cabin becomes wet again? If so, would I need a special plug to make sure that water doesn't flow from the bilge to the cabin, or I am worrying too much. Otherwise I could drill and leave as is, or put an expandable plug. I am hoping someone can help me out, there is not a lot of traversing Lake Michigan in WI where I am from.

Thanks, Matt
mattr

Interests: 0

Return to Sea Hawk Offshore Boats