New Caravelle

This forum is for owners and enthusiasts of the Sea Hawk line of Caravelle Boats. From the 190 Center Console model up to the 280 Center Console model.

New Caravelle

Postby mikeFROMboca » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 pm

I spoke with someone at the new company yesterday - and they said they will be relaunching the Sea Hawk Offshore series in 2012!
Bite Me
Standing by on 72 in SE Florida
mikeFROMboca

Interests: 0

Postby sdk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:11 pm

That's good news!
2005 Caravelle Interceptor 232 BR SS
350 MAGMPI, Bravo 1
2014 Stingray 2LT Coupe
sdk

Re: New Caravelle

Postby shel » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:05 pm

mikeFROMboca wrote:I spoke with someone at the new company yesterday - and they said they will be relaunching the Sea Hawk Offshore series in 2012!

Spoke with Duane Sak last week and he told me the same thing, apparently bringing back the 21 ft cc first then the other models as the economy allows. They still have the tooling for the 25 ft that never made it out. Extended the 23 by some 2 feet in the stern, better weight balance and more room in the stern. Kinda of a euro transom, no bracket. Would make a really nice center console. They made a prototype 25 cruiser initially with this mold, even had it in their brochure in 2006 (I think) but it never went into production. Sounds like they plan to update the SeaHawk models.
shel

Postby Poor Richard » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:39 pm

Dale ..are you "fishing" for a new boat?
2004 280 cc Sea Hawk
Twin Yamaha 200 hpdi
Poor Richard

Postby shel » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Poor Richard wrote:Dale ..are you "fishing" for a new boat?

Well..........not really, just a little forward planning maybe. Mine will be paid off in 5 years (or sooner), getting older, fuel prices are going up, maybe a slightly smaller boat could be in the future if all the stars and moons line up right. As I've gotten older, I find my trips offshore are generally on smoother days. In a nutshell, I generally try to fish on days where a 25 ft boat would be just as sufficient as a 28 ft boat. Ever since I saw the tooling for the 25 at the plant, I've been interested. It's the 23 SeaHawk stretched to 25 feet, all at the stern. Two feet of additional running surface, better overall balance of the hull with the hull bottom almost identical to the original Formula 233. Could run twin Yamaha 150's or Suzuki 150's without altering the balance, top out at 54 mph with no problem and cruise mid 30's @ 3 mpg or better. Would be a nice package. They still have the hull mold, all they have to do is retool for the liner and they're ready to go. Hope my wife doesn't read this!!!
shel

Return to Sea Hawk Offshore Boats