A fully plumbed head in the 230 Center Console

This forum is for owners and enthusiasts of the Sea Hawk line of Caravelle Boats. From the 190 Center Console model up to the 280 Center Console model.

A fully plumbed head in the 230 Center Console

Postby summit » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:04 pm

230 Center Console

Has anyone actually put a functioning head in the center console. I'm looking to put in a mascerator pump and a holding tank. Have a idea of where to locate the tank but I'm hoping someone who has already done the chore can pass along some helpful advice.
Thanks
Bill Doyle
Bill
summit

Interests: 0

Postby buyfire » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 pm

sorry, tried a search on both boating mags i receive. i know i saw an article on this about a year ago. it was a great DIY writeup. seems to be archived or otherwise unavailable.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Postby summit » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:29 pm

Thanks buyfire for your reply. I'm pretty comfortable with being able to do the job if space allows. I looking for advice on what's available for space in the walls of the console for a holding tank. I'm sure someone has ,for instance, taken the foot rest panel off and maybe found enough room for a 6 or 9 gallon holding tank. unfortunately, I've tried talking directly to Caravelle on different issues and ideas over the past several months on different topics and haven't gotten much of a response.
Bill
summit

Postby summit » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Steve
Thanks for your reply. I will certainly give the products you've suggested a hard look.I've been thinking this one over for some time and will most likely give it a go if possible. I hear what you're saying about gas and bait though. Did you do any exploring around, beneath, behind the console to see where a tank might go? To be honest I'd really like to have the luxury of the tank for obvious reasons. I also like working on the boat. I do like the boat an awful lot. Maybe the engineers from Caravelle could make a suggestion.
Bill
summit

Postby brindez » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 am

Funny about the porta-pottie.....we have one on our 242LS and haven't used it yet! But, like it's been said before, just "knowing" it's there is a comforting thought! The space is mainly used as storage! We are lucky that our local lakes have floating "heads" to tie up to!

Good luck with your project!

Dezi and the crew 8)
2006 242LS "Swede Tamale II" Red/Opal
5.7Gi Volvo/Penta SS Duoprop (280 hp)
Premium Stereo w/Transom Remote
Extended Swim Step w/ Freshwater Shower
13th Floor Red Tower w/ Red Apollo Speakers
Pulled by: 05' Durango 5.7L 335HP Hemi V8
brindez

Postby Jaimeson » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 pm

Revising another old thread instead of opening a new one. I thought the Seahawks (at least 04' and up) already had a poop pump out of the factory??

Mine has a hole in the floor where a head would go and a couple of pump switches on the dash that are clearly factory.

Maybe some pics would help?
2004 230 Seahawk CC Top Gun outriggers Garmin 740S/18 HD radar Yamaha F225
Jaimeson

Return to Sea Hawk Offshore Boats