URGENT!! This Forum may be Shutting Down Soon...

This is a general discussion forum. Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to your boats, trailers, motors, etc.

URGENT!! This Forum may be Shutting Down Soon...

Postby Rivertown » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:59 pm

In February 2016, information was placed on our home page at http://www.caravelleboat.net regarding fundraising for keeping this forum online for the year 2016. Actual dates are from March 1, 2016 - February 28, 2017. I had intended to post that notice also here on the forum, but inadverdently I never got the reminder posted here at the forum and I apologize for letting that lapse. Now, we are almost 4 months into our current year and have no funds to cover those 4 months and the rest of the year. I don't know if there is still enough interest in the Caravelle Forum to continue to "keep it afloat" for the rest of this year, but if you ARE interested in seeing this site remain online, I need to hear from you ASAP.

As we are an independent forum for Caravelle boat enthusiasts (not sponsored by company), we rely soley on the contributions of several of our forum members to keep this forum online.

Again, it will take 35 people to donate $25 per person to cover the cost for 2016. If you would like to see this site remain online and would be willing to support it with your financial donation of $25 (some sponsors in the past have contributed X 2 ($50) to help us reach our goal, which is always greatly appreciated in case we can no longer get at least 35 people to contribute.

IF YOU PLAN TO MAKE A DONATION, please indicate in this string with the words "I'm in" immediately.

Once we determine if there is enough interest for this year, I will post a notice regarding making your donation. If we think there will be enough "committed" sponsors to keep it online for the rest of the year, then we will ask you at that point to make your donation either online or by check (send a private message to Rivertown to get the address to mail your check to). If you pay online, you can use a credit card via our PayPal account link which is located at http://www.caravelleboat.net.

As we normally do, once your donation is made, your contribution will be documented here on the forum along with your username so everyone can keep up with the progress.

Please help get the word out to others you know who use this forum regarding our fundraiser. The MEMBERS will decide by their support or not if this site is worth continuing...

Thanks for everyone who supports this forum...

Rivertown
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Rivertown
Rivertown
Site Admin

Interests: 0

Re: URGENT!! This Forum may be Shutting Down Soon...

Postby singintheblue » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm in
"Good eatin' size" is a term used only by those who catch small fish.

2000 Caravelle 212BR Interceptor 5.0 Gi Volvo Penta
250 HP, 1.6 ratio, 17P Revolution 4
2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V-8 270 HP 7200 lb. towing
singintheblue

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:55 pm

HOT PURSUIT is IN!!!
HOT PURSUIT

Postby X S IVE » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:29 am

XSIVE is in and I will kick in 2, 3 or 4 donations if that is what it takes to keep it going.

I have to admit my usage of the site has dropped off over the years but it is still well worthwhile and always very interesting,
2007 232 Interceptor Solid Red 6.2
2016 F350 King Ranch Crew 6.7L 4X4
2007 Land Rover LR3 HSE
X S IVE

Postby AndrewT » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:27 am

I'm in,I hope this forum does not shut down.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
21P 14.5 3B SS prop and 19P 4B SS for wakeboarding and tubing.
AndrewT

Postby V pads » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:40 am

Im in as well...
V pads

Postby fyrmnk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:14 am

I'm in
2003 Caravelle 207 LS, 5.0L Merc Alpha One, 220 hp
www.911owned.com
fyrmnk

Postby buyfire » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:08 am

As much as I enjoy still checking in here, I haven't owned a boat in over 3 years now. Sorry fellas, I'm out. I hope the forum sticks around, but I think Facebook will be the death of MANY online forums.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Postby rward182 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 am

I'm in
Roy
Rendon, TX
2007 Caravelle LS187, 4.3l 190 hp Mercruiser
2003 Chevy Duramax 4x4
2003 Forest River Wildcat fifth wheel
rward182

Postby AndrewT » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:17 pm

buyfire wrote:As much as I enjoy still checking in here, I haven't owned a boat in over 3 years now. Sorry fellas, I'm out. I hope the forum sticks around, but I think Facebook will be the death of MANY online forums.

I think you are right,but I refuse to supply all of my personal information to Facebook and I don't want to be bombarded with tailored ads.
2005 Interceptor 212
Volvo 5.0 GXi 270hp
21P 14.5 3B SS prop and 19P 4B SS for wakeboarding and tubing.
AndrewT

Postby Rivertown » Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:44 pm

I don't know if anyone has set up a facebook page for Caravelle boatowners or not, but, I can pretty much guarantee it doesn't have the 12-plus years of information that this forum has. It would be sad to lose all of that valuable information. Even if you buy a used Caravelle boat now, you can look back at posts over the past 12 years to find out what kinds of issues and solutions the boat had when it was new, etc.

Thanks for all of these "regulars" who have committed for another year - many have contributed EVERY year. But, we are going to need some of the NEWER forum users to help out this time. Please consider joining in to keep this site online - I would think people just now getting a Caravelle boat would find this about the best resource on these boats that exists. In the past, the information obtained HERE has saved alot of Caravelle boat owners and other boat owners alot of money.

For the newer contributors....all you need to do at this point is to agree to make a $25 (at least) donation by posting the words "I'm In" in this post. Once we make sure we have enough committed for 1 year, then we will ask for the actual donation that you've committed to. Plans are to make that decision in about 2 weeks! If we don't secure enough commitments, then you will not be out any $$.

Also, for the new folks... one advantage of this being a member-supported forum as opposed to a forum managed by the manufacturer of Caravelle boats is that you will find unbiased information here, and also, over the past several years, the ownership of Caravelle has changed several times, and because we were not tied to the manufacturer, we never lost to forum due to the previous owners going down or changing ownership.

I hope we will be able to keep it going...
Site Administrator
Rivertown
Rivertown
Site Admin

Postby jfair32 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:13 am

I'm in also. :beer:
2005 232SC 350 Mag Red Tribal graphics
Dodge Ram Quad Cab 1500 HEMI
jfair32

Postby jkwcfd » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Im in x2!! This forum has been one of the best for info on our boats and has some of the coolest people who are willing to lend a hand. I am glad to be a part of it. Let me know if its a go and I will pay asap. Thanks all!!
John

2007 232 Interceptor
5.7 Merc MAG MPI
2004 Dodge ram 4x4
POPO/MEDIC/ CHAPLAIN
jkwcfd

Postby JP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Iv owned my 20 year old boat going on 5 years. The information contained herein is worth 25$ to keep it available. For that I'd have to be. I'm in!
Last edited by JP on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1996 Interceptor 232 sc
2001 F-150 SD
JP

Postby Swerve » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:22 pm

I'm in
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Next

Return to General Boating Discussions