Concerned/Interested in a New Razor 238PF

This is a general discussion forum. Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to your boats, trailers, motors, etc.

Concerned/Interested in a New Razor 238PF

Postby theboyzdad » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:42 pm

Hello from Shelbyville, Kentucky
New member, not a boat owner YET.
I'm trying to find out as much information about the Caravelle company as possible. We went to the boat show this past weekend and my family and I REALLY like the new Razor 238PF.
At this point, I don't have a very good "Gut Feeling", so here's my concerns....

1. The closest dealer is in Rockwood, TN???
2. Why can't I find a lot of recent information about Caravelle? (Even this forum doesn't have very much recent information)
3. Where would I take it for warranty work?
4. The factory didn't look very up to date. (goggle earth, goggle maps)
5. ALL the sales people at the boat show were from the factory.
6. I'm finding VERY few, if any New boats on online dealer sites.
7. The Caravelle website shows a lot of the same (REPEAT) pictures no matter what year/model boat is selected.
8. Is Caravelle going to be a viable / sustainable company, or would I be worrying about them going out of business.

These are just a few of my concerns, so any thoughts, explanations, or other helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John (theboyzdad)
Last edited by theboyzdad on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theboyzdad

Interests: 0

Re: Concerned/Interested in a New Razor 238PF

Postby iammarcuse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Well, that's because there is no dealer network. This boat retailer http://www.boatnrv.com/ bought the company and basically sells the boats direct. The website is a joke and some of the pics are not even the right model. They have a picture of an Interceptor with the bimini folded over the windshield running across the water. It is bizarre. I would phone the outlet, as the factory doesn't seem answer the phone, and ask them your questions.

On the up side the boats are great. I have a 232 Interceptor and I am very impressed with the build quality. 12 years old and looks like new. As for the Razors I have no idea if the quality is the same. There are a few on the forum maybe they will chime in.
iammarcuse

Postby theboyzdad » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:09 am

Well.... I emailed the CaravelleBoatGroup company through the "Contact Us" part of their website. So now I guess its time to play the "Hurry Up And Wait" game. I'll post their response once I receive it.

John
theboyzdad

Postby buyfire » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:38 am

I don't think the newest owners are doing any better job of running the company than the second owner group. IMO, Caravelle hasn't been the same since the original owners shut down during the market collapse. If memory serves me, that was around 2008. I'd have concerns, and I'd make sure my dealer was committed to the brand. The Razors do look fantastic, although, I haven't seen one in person.
Boatless, again.
buyfire

Postby iammarcuse » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 am

Try the Boat N RV people and you will probably do better. The factory rarely gets back to you.
iammarcuse

Postby chambers1517 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

I hate to say this but look up reviews for Boat n rv center in Rockwood. They are a shady bunch. A friend bought a new boat there. He luckily took a picture the day he bought it. When he went to pick it up it was on a different trailer. The one he bought it on had mag wheels. the one they tried to give him didn't. when confronted they said the wheels were an upgrade. Then they said the tongue was bent on the original. He is a cop and ended up getting the factory involved. Another friend bought a camper and they took the washer and dryer out when he was picking it up. Tried the same line of it being an upgrade. Ive been in once and they are extremely high pressure. You almost have to fight your way out.
chambers1517

Return to General Boating Discussions