New 217LS Owner in Oz

This is a general discussion forum. Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to your boats, trailers, motors, etc.

Postby Swerve » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 am

HOT PURSUIT wrote:AWESOME Mate :lol: :lol: :lol: Believe or NOT, you can DRINK WHILE DRIVING, just a boat, in Wisconsin. HOWEVER, the .08 alcohol concentration still applies.

Wonder what other states and countries allow?????????????????? Speak up people!

0.05 here in Oz, Also been a few big boat crashes at night on Sydney harbour, few people died in one under the harbour bridge and another not far towards the heads.

Like all knee jerk reactions, coppers will come down harder and drink/ boating isnt really tollerated :cry:

Still just don't get caught :wink: but be responsible
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Interests: 0

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:39 am

You hit it on the head Sir! BE RESPONSIBLE. Get out there now and have FUN :lol:
HOT PURSUIT

Postby Poolman2234 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm

For those who asked about the bait board. Plastic part is from ebay. Stainless parts made by me.
Also a photo of the steps I made to get into the boat while in the garage or on the drive while cleaning. They are on wheels with brakes.
The boards legs push into a bracket that is bolted to existing holes under the swim platform. It is about thigh high when you stand on the platform. The bracket can be removed without leaving a trace. The board has a drain to keep the boat nice and yellow. Also has 4 rod holders and 2 can holders.
If Australian fisherman were more optimistic we would call it a filleting or cleaning board but on my past record we will leave it at a bait board.
Poolman2234

Postby Swerve » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:06 am

2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:00 am

That is AWESOME Poolman :lol:
HOT PURSUIT

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:01 am

Excellent Swerve! Is is that cold there now you need jackets? You're gonna get yelled at me thinks for the LEAK 1 Vid :shock:
HOT PURSUIT

Postby Swerve » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:05 am

HOT PURSUIT wrote:Excellent Swerve! Is is that cold there now you need jackets? You're gonna get yelled at me thinks for the LEAK 1 Vid :shock:

yelled at for what ? I say Stuff you all, not F you all ?

:?
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Postby HOT PURSUIT » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 am

:lol:
HOT PURSUIT

Postby TX Redneck Boater » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:01 pm

You're gonna get yelled at me thinks for the LEAK 1 Vid

Swerve,

Not what you said - The video itself - We colonials are a tad more reserve Sir

Our Caravelle Family is not just "us Boys"

Marv
TX Redneck Boater

Postby Swerve » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:28 am

LOL, Sorry everyone. If anyone has any objections I will happily remove the foresaid video :cry:

Dealer forgot to give me a nose cone plug for when i flush the engine. Happy to say the dealer has ordered one and is shipping to my home :D very pleased !!!!!
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Re: New 217LS Owner in Oz

Postby Swerve » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 am

Well coming on 9 years, still have the 217LS. been doing some maintenance as its in the garage for once , where you can stop/ start a little each day.

Fixed the bimini forthe second time, fixed the radio after stopped 2 years ago ( corrosion at accessories switch which feeds the radio), patched up my protective tapes on the windscreen. Still got more repairs as the ski locker latch is busted and press studs, but in time.
Attachments
IMG_9344.JPG
IMG_9344.JPG (107.69 KiB) Viewed 333 times
IMG_9343.JPG
IMG_9343.JPG (108.7 KiB) Viewed 333 times
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Postby youmansjason01 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:19 pm

Isn't it still summer down there in Oz? Shouldn't you be out cruising the water before it starts turning cold? LOL!

Anyway, nice boat you have there! I have the very similar 2007 237LS, and same color scheme. I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that uses a ladder to help with climbing in and out of the boat. In my younger days, which weren't so long ago, I would step on the rear of the trailer and swing a leg up on the swim platform, and then I could pull myself onto the boat no problem. Now that a few years have passed, I like the idea of the ladder!

On a serious note, I do have a question for you. In your first picture, I can see where it looks like your bimini leaves a mark across the sundeck vinyl when it's laying down in the stowed position. I always leave mine fully down, resting on the vinyl sundeck, when stored and when towing to/from the lake. Mine does the same thing and leaves a light black scuff mark on the vinyl. Is there a way to store the bimini so that it's prop up just a few inches off of the vinyl?

Jason
2007 Caravelle 237 LS
350 MAG 300HP with Bravo 1, Captain's Call Exhaust, Black wide band with matching Caravelle Trailer
youmansjason01

Postby Swerve » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:34 pm

When in the street I will use the boarding ladder, but why wouldn’t you use a ladder if you can. Don’t like the idea of falling and hitting that prop. We just had our 2nd kid (4 months old) and taking it out on Sydney Harbour this weekend as my niece is racing in a 20km Outrigger canoe race (Baby can stay with mother in Law). Yeah I have noticed the bimini marks but never worried. I don’t see why you couldn’t place some foam wedges on the gunwales (fiberglass either side of sunbed) to hold it up, or maybe just lay something between the lowered bimini and sunbed.

My bigger concern is the carpets are starting to get very frail and will need new ones sooner then later. I want to bend up new bimini hoops, upholstery is all fine and could do with a proper clean. I have started waxing her for the first time ever. Has always had a full canvas cover down to chimes so pain and gelcoat in as new condition. Noticed a few other little fixes last night and I keep telling the wife the boat is staying in the garage no one and the cars on the street.
2008 Caravelle 217LS
Swerve

Previous

Return to General Boating Discussions