The Fate of the Caravelle Forum - Please Read!

This is a general discussion forum. Feel free to discuss anything pertaining to your boats, trailers, motors, etc.

The Fate of the Caravelle Forum - Please Read!

Postby Rivertown » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:06 am

Hello all,

A decision to keep the forum up or let it go will need to be made within the next month or so. Unfortunately, the brand is not as popular as it once was due to several reasons, one being the sell-off of parts of Caravelle and the lack of new boats being built. With that, the interest in this forum has also diminished.

We have had a difficult time getting enough folks willing to help with the expenses of running and maintaining the forum for the past couple of years. I do not know if there is enough interest left to revive the forum, but if there is, then NOW is the time to let it be known.

Basically, it takes approximately $800 per year to keep it up. An anonymous source paid the full bill last year. I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but we did not do a fund raiser last year so thank you anonymous person!! In the past we have been asking 30+ people to contribute around $25, but I don't know that we can get that many to participate anymore. The simple solution would be for 8 people to donate $100 each, but I don't know that we have many or any willing to invest that much.

Please respond here your interest, suggestions, and how much you would be willing to invest. We do not want to collect any $$ until we know we can raise the full $800.

In the meantime, if there are any posts you would personally like to preserve for yourself, I would suggest you go ahead and start copying and printing that information off (just in case).

Your Admin.,
Rivertown
Site Administrator
Rivertown
Rivertown
Site Admin

Interests: 0

Re: The Fate of the Caravelle Forum - Please Read!

Postby Scoots » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:33 pm

Best I can offer is 25. Would hate to see it go but on the other hand theres not much to see and talk about.. :cry:
04 212 Interceptor 5.7 Gi
Scoots

Postby brokenspacebar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 pm

Sad to see. I am guilty of not participating for quite a while. It’s so unfortunate to see a company that once produced such innovative products get steamrolled and not be able to recover.
2012 Acura MDX
2013 Infiniti JX 35
'07 Legend 21' pontoon
'05 Caravelle Bowrider
brokenspacebar

Postby 2Fast4U » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:01 am

I would gladly contribute at least $25
2008 Interceptor 232
2008 Cadillac Escalade (Black)
2010 Ford F-150 Platinum (Black)
1994 Harley Dyna Wide Glide (Black)
1981 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler (Red)
1998 RV Southwind Storm (White)
2000 VW Beetle (Green)
2Fast4U

Return to General Boating Discussions